Monday, December 05, 2005

Horde/IMP won't create sent mail folder. This is what the server said: Invalid mailbox name

I was setting up the new version of IMP today, and found that I couldn't create folders from webmail. I knew it wasn't an IMAP permissions issue, because I could create & subscribe to folders with no problems from my IMAP client. It turns out that with Courier-IMAP, the IMAP server I prefer, you need to set the following options in your server confing (probably /usr/local/www/horde/imp/config/servers.php):

under $servers['imap'] (or whatever server you're using - 'imap' is the default - change the namespace and folder lines to read:

'folders' => 'INBOX.',
'namespace' => '',

Note the trailing dot after INBOX. Then you have to LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN before the changes will take effect. The docs suggest that these options should be the other way around for Courier-IMAP, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put de INBOX. in folders, and then i can access to the sent-mail folder without problems. It works to me. Thanks

Anonymous said...

This fix does not work for PHP 5.3, if you have php 5.3 then there is another fix:
http://blog.connexeon.com/sysadmin/linux/hordeimp-the-folder-sent-mail-was-not-created/


which worked fro me